New electronic medical record (eMR) features will be available from 1 March.
A sepsis alert for Emergency Departments, speciality views of microbiology and drug level results, and an updated Between the Flags for patient observation are just some examples of the new ways eMR will support clinicians.
Digital Health Clinical Program manager Robyn Cook said it will soon be quicker and easier to use the eMR, and clinicians will have better support for decision-making and communication.
“New functions and features will be released on a regular basis, as part of the eMR ENHANCE project,” Robyn said.
“eMR has become an increasingly useful and interactive tool for not only recording but informing patient care.”
Clinicians can get a sneak peek of the changes at the eMR ENHANCE Staff Roadshows next week:
- Auburn Hospital: Tuesday 13 February, 8.00am–4.00pm, Foyer near hospital café
- Blacktown Hospital: Friday 16 February, 8.00am–3.30pm, Foyer opposite staff cafeteria
- Mount Druitt Hospital: Wednesday 14 February, 8:00m–4.00pm, Opposite Staff Cafeteria
- Westmead Hospital: Monday 12 February, 8.00am–4.00pm, Main entrance foyer
- Westmead Hospital: Thursday 15 February, 8.00am–4.00pm, Zouki Food Court
There will be demonstrations of the latest functionality, plus opportunities to ask questions and provide ideas for future enhancements.