Parking concessions, and the way patients & visitors apply for them, changed from July 1, 2017.
New parking concessions eligibility and pricing has been introduced, in line with NSW Health policy – the details of this are below.
Who is eligible for concessions?
- Patients/visitors with RMS-issued mobility parking scheme permits/pensioner concession cards/gold veterans’ affairs cards/healthcare cards
- All ongoing cancer treatment patients
- Long-term patients and their carers who are required to attend the hospital/facility for treatment for more than one week
- Patients and their carers attending more than twice a week, including carers of long-term patients who visit frequently
- Cardiac rehab education and exercise class attendees
- Daily dressing outpatients
- Health promotion education class attendees
- Patients and their carers experiencing financial hardship
NB a ‘carer’ is defined as a patient’s next of kin.
- 0 to 3 hours: FREE
- 3+ hours: $5.40 (one exit only per 24 hours)
- 3 day ticket: $10.90 (Frequent use allowing multiple entries and exits in a 3 day period)
- 7 day ticket: $21.70 (Frequent use allowing multiple entries and exits in a 7 day period)
How to apply for concessions
The application process for parking concessions is different for each WSLHD hospital.
For information on Westmead Hospital, click here.
For information on Auburn Hospital, click here.
For information on Blacktown Hospital, click here.
For information on Mount Druitt Hospital, click here.
Contact Westmead Hospital corporate services director Mathivanan Sakthivel on 8890 6454 or email Mathivanan.Sakthivel@health.nsw.gov.au