Wednesday, 16 August, 2017 ** 6.30pm – 8.30pm ** Westmead Education and Conference Centre, Westmead Hospital
Would you know what to do if you, or someone you love, was having a stroke?
A free community forum at Westmead Hospital, hosted as part of Hospital Week (August 16 – 18), aims to answer common questions about stroke and provide information on new treatments.
Forum topics include:
- Will my speech get better?
- What should I do if I think I’m having a stroke?
- Will it happen again?
- How do I care for a person who is having/has had a stroke?
- How can I get help when I’ve left the hospital?
- What happens after a stroke?
- Can I contact someone else who’s had a stroke?
The forum will be led by Dr Andrew Evans, clinical lead for stroke at Westmead Hospital, and include presentations from Westmead’s Stroke Unit team.
Stroke survivor Erin Adams will also address the forum.
Refreshments will be provided at 6pm.
A gold coin donation is greatly appreciated.
To book your free seat, call 8890 7983.