Westmead Hospital porter Glen Murray has been recognised for his quick-thinking in putting out a fire in a public toilet.
Glen stepped in to extinguish the fire on 30 August 2017, which started in a toilet on level 4.
Glen was formally acknowledged for his efforts on September 20, with Westmead Hospital general manager Andrew Newton describing his efforts as “inspiring.”
“You used your initiative to respond calmly to what could have been a nasty situation,” he said.
“It’s a great example of what we do as staff to keep our patients safe.
“The safety of everyone in this hospital is paramount; it shows just how important it is for us to respond quickly.”
Well done Glen – we are lucky to have you!