From 16 – 20 October, Westmead precinct partners are encouraging people to leave the car at home and try other ways of getting to work – just for one day.
The precinct will celebrate the week with a host of free events, including:
- Ride2Work Day on Wednesday, 18 October—free breakfast at the front of The Children’s Hospital at Westmead;
- Bike maintenance classes and a tyre changing competition for participants;
- Walking tours;
- Pop up information booths from Parramatta Light Rail and Transport for NSW;
- Electric bike trials , and
- The Coleman Greig Challenge – a walking and running event from 6am on Friday, 20 October.
More information about Ride and Stride Week will be available soon. In the meantime, mark the dates in your calendars and get ready to get involved with these and many other exciting activities for the week!