Our new, improved recruitment system lands soon
Big changes to WSLHD’s recruitment and onboarding (ROB) system are just weeks away – and they will mean big improvements for both managers and new employees.
Under the changes, WSLHD will adopt a ‘supportive recruitment model’.
Hiring managers will be able to step back from some of the most onerous parts of the recruitment process, handing them over to their designated recruitment coordinator, who will take care of administration, processing and teething problems.
For new recruits, the system will be much simpler and more streamlined, with many functions moving online.
Establishment, recruitment and onboarding operations manager Jonalyn Balagtas said the new recruitment system would create more opportunities for managers to build relationships with new recruits.
“Managers will be able to focus on getting to know new employees and introducing them to their department,” she said.
“Our aim is to let people get on with their specialty roles. That means the recruitment team will smooth the process while the manager gets on with welcoming their new team member.”
ROB will be implemented across WSLHD on November 13. The new Supportive Recruitment model will be implemented across WSLHD on October 30.
The change is part of a statewide program, and means the current eRecruit system, Mercury, will be decommissioned.
Candidate will be able to complete forms online, and letters of offer can be sent and accepted electronically.
A series of information sessions about ROB will be held across WSLHD in coming weeks:
- Westmead Hospital auditorium – Thursday October 12, Monday October 16 and Tuesday November 14, three sessions each day 8.30am-10.30am, 11am-1pm and 2pm-4pm.
- Blacktown Hospital administration building, level 3 training room – Tuesday October 17, 11am-1pm and 2pm-4pm, Monday October 23, 8.30am – 10.30am and 11am – 1pm and Wednesday November 15, 10am-12pm, 12.30pm-2.30pm and 3pm-5pm.
- Auburn Hospital conference room 1 – Tuesday, October 24, 8.30am-10.30am, 11am-1pm and 2pm-4pm.
- Mount Druitt Hospital tutorial room level 2 – Wednesday October 25, 8.30am-10.30am, 11am-1pm and 2pm-4pm.
- Cumberland Hospital PARC building – Friday, October 27, 9am-11am and 11.30am-1.30pm.