Packed agenda on offer on Hospital Day
A packed agenda will cover topics as diverse as forensic medicine and staff health and wellbeing at this year’s Hospital Day at Blacktown Hospital.
WSLHD board member and director of the Division of Surgery and Anaesthetics at Blacktown and Mount Druitt hospitals Professor Michael Edye will be the master of ceremonies at the event on October 12, and will also present a session on metabolic surgery.
Gynaecologist and obstetrician Associate Professor Harry Merkur will give the keynote address.
Presentations have been broken into three topics – education, most vulnerable and innovation.
The program will kick off with registration at 1.10pm. Presentations will follow, including:
- Professor Philip Newtown on developing nursing research capacity;
- Sharon McClelland on diabetes and patient education;
- Marie March on physiotherapy;
- Anda Milic on staff health and wellbeing;
- Robyn Walsh on ‘Watch and Inflate’;
- Maureen Buckley on the elderly and emergency services;
- Maria Nittis on forensic medicine;
- Sally Greenaway on palliative care and Silverchain;
- Professor Golo Ahlenstiel on ‘The big reveal: pill cam in GI pathology’;
- Allison Brown on radiation oncology, and
- Graham Reece on innovative antibiotic research.
For more information, contact events manager Sonia Hollands on 0429 413 194 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
One thought on “Packed agenda on offer on Hospital Day”