Westmead Hospital’s respiratory and sleep clinics are temporarily moving.
Who is moving?
The respiratory clinics (respiratory comprehensive care centre in B5C) and medical high dependency unit (B5B) will be located in D3a/D3b (block D, level 3).
The sleep clinics will be located in B5A (block B, level 5).
When are they moving and for how long for?
The medical high dependency unit will be relocated from 8 November to early January 2018.
The respiratory clinics will be relocated from 10 November 2017 to early January 2018.
The respiratory wards will be relocated from 13 November to 6 December 2017.
The sleep clinic will be relocated from 13 November 2017 to 6 December 2017.
After these dates, the clinics will return to their original locations.
The ward phone numbers will stay the same.
What happens on moving day?
- On moving day, at approximately 9am, staff will start to move patients to the new temporary locations.
- All patients should be moved by lunchtime.
- If you are being discharged before lunchtime, the day before your move, you will remain where you are and be discharged from there.
- The same nurse will care for you all day — before, during and after the move.
- Nurses will move your personal belongings and any medicine you brought into hospital, to the new locations.
- If you have any questions or concerns, talk to your nurse.
What do I need to do before the move?
- Before you go to bed on the night before the move, ask a carer, family member or nurse to help you pack up your things so they are ready to move.
- Let your carer, family members or visitors know you will be moving to the new temporary location
What does it mean for my visitors?
Closest visitor parking: visitor car park 1 – entry via Darcy Road.
Please take care in and around construction zones.