Many health professionals are uncertain about how to consult effectively with young people.
NSW Health has developed a one day training program based on proven principles and practices for engaging with young people. The training workshop is designed to equip health professionals with the confidence and essential skills required to work effectively with young people.
The training workshop aims to:
- To develop the capacity of health professionals to engage, assess and respond to health needs and risks of young people
- To develop youth friendly services and reduce barriers to young people accessing services
Participants attending this one day workshop will develop confidence and competence in the following areas:
- Understanding young people’s development and health needs
- Engaging and communicating effectively with young people
- Conducting a HEEADSSS psychosocial risk assessment
- Identifying and removing barriers to young people accessing healthcare
Training Dates & Venues
Tuesday 10 April 2018 – Blacktown – Jessica Easterbrook & Jo-Anne Pogorelsky
Thursday 28 June 2018 – Auburn – Jo-Anne Pogorelsky & Susanna Green
Tuesday 14 August 2018 – Blacktown – Andre Zeballos and Susanna Green
Tuesday 23 October 2018 – Westmead – Jessica Easterbrook and Jo-Anne Pogorelsky
Registration is essential – places are limited to 20 people.
Register through My Health Learning (HETI). Search by course code 98259232 or Youth
For further details contact Jo-Anne Pogorelsky – (02) 8860 2500 or email@example.com.