Think Tank, a program designed to work up some big ideas for the future of health in western Sydney is now taking expressions of interest from people interested in being this year’s thought leaders.
Think Tank program started in 2016 and was conceived by Western Sydney Local Health District’s leaders of Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health. It grew from a desire to ensure the professions are well placed for the significant change and transformation that was underway in the District.
Over the last two years more than 120 individuals from WSLHD have joined the Think Tank journey.
WSLHD nursing and midwifery education manager Tanya Critchlow said the growth of the program is exciting for the health service.
“We have the opportunity to expand Think Tank so we are seeking expressions of interest from nursing, midwifery and allied health staff at the forefront of broad and innovative thinking,” Tanya said.
“Whether you are a Think Tank veteran or you are joining us for the first time on this journey in 2018, we want to build on the work we’ve completed so far.
“This is our opportunity to energise and inspire others across our organisation and the wider community to make some real and positive change.”
The key intentions for Think Tank have been to:
- Strengthen our collective voice and our partnerships
- Grow capacity for leading change and transformation
- Live and align with our shared philosophy
Through our journey in 2018 the program will:
- Strengthen relationships, networks and share knowledge amongst multiple disciplines
- Experiment with new levels of thinking, tools and frameworks for leading change
- Embrace the art of listening, authentic dialogue, intellectual rigor, multiple points of view and co-learning with peers.
Participating in Think Tank 2018 will require a commitment to attend master class sessions, an online facilitated discussion and pre and post readings. Below is an outline of the Think Tank face-to face sessions:
- Thursday 12 April 2018 (4-6pm), Westmead Education and Conference Centre (WECC) Cabaret room on level 1 Westmead Hospital
- Wednesday 24 October 2018 (4-6pm), topic: Resilience and Navigating Politics, WSU Clinical School Blacktown Hospital
Please express your interest by close of business Friday 9 March 2018 by following the link below https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/S2HBYLZ