Five nurses have received prestigious awards as part of the ongoing district celebrations for International Nurses and Midwives Day.
More than 140 staff attended this presentation including WSLHD Nursing and Midwifery representatives and Integrated and Community Health executive members.
WSLHD Integrated and Community Health acting director of nursing Jennifer Fitzsimmons said staff celebrated the diverse range of services provide to the community.
“I’d like to congratulate and thank all nurses and midwives who on a daily basis show compassion, integrity and dedication of the health of all patients, families and carers of Western Sydney” she said.
Congratulations to the five winners:
- Nurse/Midwife of the Year – Natasha Maunsell – Integrated Chronic Care Program care facilitator
- People’s Choice Award – Nina Livingstone – youth health nurse
- Excellence in Clinical Leadership Award – Premalosani James Westmead/Auburn group Chronic Illness Management nurse
- Innovation Award – Rowena Urweiss – Auburn Community Health Centre Sustaining Families NSW Program clinical nursing unit manager
- New Graduate of the Year Award – Megan Allen Parramatta Community Health Centre Chronic and Complex nurse