The Pulse is a digital news website which highlights breaking and relevant news stories, achievements, events, initiatives, notifications, latest research, corporate information and updates for our staff.
The Pulse can be viewed on your PC, laptop or smartphone.
To download the app to your device visit: https://thepulse.org.au/2017/09/06/the-pulse-never-miss-a-beat-with-one-touch-phone-access/
The corporate journalists like to keep our fingers on the Pulse and source stories from our hospitals, networks, health partners and community health centres.
We are thorough in our news scouting and also rely on staff and community members to inform us of what is happening across our patch.
We appreciate your enthusiasm and dedication to sending us these stories.
We have put some tips together to assist you when sending us your story.
- Articles should be 300-500 words or 8-12 sentences. Please note we could potentially edit and re-write these stories to suit our style guide.
- Stories need to cover the – who, what, where, when and why – including the relevance to staff, patients and the community.
- Attach separate high-resolutions landscape (not portrait) photos including names and titles of anyone who appears in the photo.
- Avoid using jargon, do not use acronyms, spell out words, use easy-to-use simple language (not clinical or government speak).
- Ideally include a case study with a patient/client (with consent). Provide names, titles and contact details of staff or patients who feature in the story.
- Advise who is the spokesperson or senior staffer for your story. Also provide us with their name, title and contact details.
- Corporate Communications responds to enquiries and media matters swiftly. Notify us in advance of your event or achievement to ensure adequate publicity and attention.
- Your story may be suitable for further publicity and recognition in mainstream media and we will advise you if this is the case.
- Publication is at the discretion of the Corporate Communications director Mat Nott.
To submit a story for The Pulse, email WSLHD-CorporateComms@health.nsw.gov.au or call 8890 4564