What’s for dinner? Try this healthy beef stew
If you are looking for something easy, healthy and affordable to cook tonight, look no further.
The Pulse is sharing delicious recipes as part of our delivery of NSW Health’s Make Healthy Normal campaign at Western Sydney Local Health District.
They will also be available on recipe cards at Vinnies stores in western Sydney, free of charge.
One Pot Beef Stew
Cook time: 2 hours
2 tablespoons canola oil
500g beef chunk casserole steak, cut into chunks
1 brown onion, diced
3 tablespoons tomato paste
2 x beef stock cube (made up with 2 cups water)
200g white cup mushrooms, cut into quarters
3 carrots, thickly sliced
1kg potatoes, cut into 4cm chunks
Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat half of the oil in a large saucepan over high heat
and cook beef in batches until brown. Transfer to plate.
- Reduce heat to medium, add remaining oil and cook
onion until softened.
- Stir in tomato paste and flour, and cook for 1 min.
Add stock gradually, stirring constantly.
- Return meat to the pan, cover and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat to very low and cook gently, covered, for 1 hour.
- Add mushrooms, carrot and potato. Replace lid and cook
for further 1 hour. Serve with fresh parsley.
You must be logged in to post a comment.