Sheer delight at our 2018 awards night
It was a night of glitz and glamour as more than 300 guests galloped into the Grand Pavilion at Rosehill Gardens for Western Sydney Local Health District’s (WSLHD) red carpet Quality Awards ceremony.
The Quality Awards are held annually to commend the health heroes who are innovating and changing the game in healthcare in western Sydney and right around the world.
Westmead Hospital’s emergency department clinical nursing unit manager Susan Barbosa and Blacktown Hospital’s business analytics and performance director Luke Elias hosted the ceremony for the second year in a row, the Sydney Jazz Collective entertained guests on arrival while guests took advantage of the social media props to take selfies using the #WSQualityAwards hashtag.
WSLHD clinical governance director Luke Sloane congratulated the finalists and winners of the awards.
“This year we received 45 entries that are changing and improving the way we deliver healthcare across our District. They’re all making a difference to patient care, safety and health outcomes,” Mr Sloane said.
“We also commemorated Professor Richard Haber, a recently retired clinician who has treated almost 40,000 patients, and Ljubica Simic who has been dubbed Western Sydney’s happiest cleaner.”
The NewsLocal People’s Choice Award winner was the ‘think before you bin it’ project, an initiative which has saved thousands in Auburn Hospital’s waste budget. The project received more than 3,700 votes.
The District’s outgoing chief executive Danny O’Connor addressed guests for the last time as he prepares for retirement after more than three decades in public service and eight years at WSLHD.
“As you go forward through these extraordinary times of change, hold on tight to the foundational values that define our purpose and success,” Danny said.
The winners of the 2018 Quality Awards are:
- Patients as Partners winner – IPOP – Interpreter Project in Outpatient Clinic
- Delivering Integrated Care winner – GREAT (Geriatric Rapid Evaluation and Treatment) service
- Keeping People Healthy winner – The X-Men – exercise classes for prostate cancer
- Collaborative Teams winner – Protecting our Aboriginal kids, now and into the future
- Education and Training winner – Increasing Dysphagia Awareness in Mental Health
- Research and Innovation winner – tied winners – Pharmaceutical Supply Chain and Medicines Optimisation and 6S Success! A Redevelopment lean storeroom initiative. Building capability and collaboration to ensure a successful transition
- A Safe and Healthy Workplace winner – A State of Biopreparedness
- Patient Safety First winner – Fundus photography in the ED: Saving lives, eyes and time
- Chief Executive Award winner – Faster screening for stroke
- Board Chair Award winner – IPOP – Interpreter Project in Outpatients
- WentWest Award winner – Protecting our Aboriginal kids, now and into the future
- NewsLocal People’s Choice Award winner – Think before you bin it
For more photos visit our Facebook page: www.fb.com/WesternSydneyHealth
You must be logged in to post a comment.