If you are looking for something easy, healthy and affordable to cook tonight, look no further.
The Pulse is sharing delicious recipes as part of our delivery of NSW Health’s Make Healthy Normal campaign at Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD).
Check out this Moroccan spiced chicken with cousous – delicious and healthy.
4 chicken thigh fillets, skin removed, boneless
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 cups stock or water
2 cups couscous
1/2 cup sultanas (or chopped apricots, currants, cranberries)
1 medium tomato, diced
1 medium cucumber, diced
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 small red onion, diced
Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Arrange fillets evenly on an oven tray with baking paper.
- Rub fillets with oil, Moroccan seasoning and crushed garlic.
- Bake for 20-30 min, or until cooked through.
- Bring stock to a boil. Add couscous and stir. Cover with lid, remove from heat and leave for 5 min to absorb the liquid.
- Fluff couscous with a fork. Add sultanas, tomato, cucumber, parsley, onion and lemon juice. Mix well until combined.
For more healthy tips and recipes visit makehealthynormal.nsw.gov.au.
A phone coaching service is also available – sign up today (16 years and over). Call 1300 806 258.
If you are a parent with a child aged 7-13 who is above a healthy weight range, sign up to our free ten week healthy lifestyle program: go4fun.com.au or call 1800 780 900.