If you are looking for something easy, healthy and affordable to cook tonight, look no further.
The Pulse is sharing delicious recipes as part of our delivery of NSW Health’s Make Healthy Normal campaign at Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD).
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 brown onion, diced
3 slices reduced fat ham, sliced
200g white mushrooms, sliced
1 x punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup reduced fat cheese, grated
- Preheat grill on HIGH.
- Heat oil in an overproof frypan on medium heat. Cook onion and ham, until browned. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 min.
- Add tomatoes and spinach. Reduce heat to low.
- Whisk eggs and cheese together and add to pan.
- Spread egg over pan but do not stir the egg mixture.
- Cook for 8-10 min on stovetop until almost set. Place under grill for 5 min until top is golden.
- Stand for 2 min and then slide onto a place. Slice into wedges and serve with garden salad, if desired.
For more healthy tips and recipes visit makehealthynormal.nsw.gov.au.
A get healthy service is also available – sign up to your free telephone coach today (16 years and over). Call 1300 806 258.
If you are a parent with a child aged 7-13 who is above a healthy weight range, sign up to our free ten week healthy lifestyle program: go4fun.com.au or call 1800 780 900.