The Coleman Greig Challenge is fast approaching and we want you to join us for a big event on the Western Sydney calendar.
Julie Swain and her team from Westmead Hospital’s women’s health clinic have been training three times a week and participating in charity events throughout Sydney in preparation for the annual event.
“It’s such a fun day and it’s for a great cause” Julie said.
“This event really brings people together and also brings a sense of community. It’s beautiful, you get to run along the river, it’s all very scenic.”
The challenge will take place on Friday 20 September in Parramatta Park, with funds raised for the Westmead Hospital Foundation directed to Westmead women’s and newborn health.
Last year the Westmead Hospital Foundation bought respiratory and heartrate monitors for the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) with $75,000 raised by the event.
Westmead Hospital Foundation has around 40 free places left for the event that are open to staff members who commit to raising at least $100 in sponsorship.
As an added incentive to raise sponsorship, staff members who sign up to the Coleman Greig Challenge could win a trip to the 2019 Malaysian MotoGP.
Valued in excess of $5,500, the prize includes flights to Kuala Lumpur, 5-star accommodation and two tickets to the 2019 Malaysian MotoGP.
For every $50 you raise, you’ll receive one ticket in the draw to win.
To register to be part of the Westmead Hospital Foundation team, you just need to follow these steps:
- Go to cgchallenge.com.au and click ‘Join a Team’
- Choose your team: Westmead Hospital Foundation. The Foundation has beautiful blue shirts available to all competitors on the WHF team – just call or drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org with your size
- Choose your activity: walk, run or cycle
- Fill out all your contact details
- At the donation page, enter your team code WHF 19 and read and accept Terms & Conditions
- You will receive emails confirming your registration and templates for fundraising
- Challenge your colleagues
- Lace up your joggers or slip into your lycra. You know you want to.
- Start training!
- Those who aren’t so enthusiastically athletic can volunteer as a race marshal or operate a water station, and still qualify for the breakfast.
This year, you are encouraged to dress as a superhero to add to the fun
After the event, breakfast will be served to all competitors and volunteers.
Whether you run, walk or skip across the finish line in fancy dress, register today and mark your calendar for Friday 20 September to enjoy this iconic western Sydney event and make a difference.