Staff still beaming after another brilliant 2019 Quality Awards night
The red carpet is rolled away and the tuxedos are in storage for another year, but Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) executive are still celebrating another successful Quality Awards event.
Nearly 300 staff gathered at Western Sydney University Parramatta campus for a night of glitz and glam to award the best projects to improve health, ending the ceremony with an impromptu Neil Diamond sing-along with 88-year-old cancer patient Edward Kremmer.
WSLHD chief executive Graeme Loy said he appreciated the opportunity to stop and reflect on another year of fantastic achievements across the district.
“The Quality Awards are a highlight every year and last week was no exception. It’s rare to have so many people across the district in one room to share ideas, celebrate each other’s wins and just have a good time,” Graeme said.
“I could not be more proud of our staff for the dedication they show every day to providing and supporting the very best patient care. It’s wonderful they have this opportunity to dress up, let their hair down and look back on the months or years of work that went into these projects.”
Nursing & Midwifery and Clinical Governance director Caroline Farmer said she was impressed with the quality and diversity on display among the 38 projects this year, which attracted 17,000 public votes to decide the NewsLocal People’s Choice Award.
“It was incredibly difficult to decide the winners this year, which yet again speaks to the wonderful talent, creativity, innovation and dedication we have here in Western Sydney,” Caroline said.
“We all work extremely hard here to provide the very best care possible in every situation, so it’s only fitting to have a glitzy awards night that reflects our commitment to the highest standards.
“Let me encourage everyone to start thinking about your project entries for next year if you haven’t already, because this annual celebration is only going to get bigger and better!”
The winners of the 2019 WSLHD Quality Awards were:
- Chief Executive award – Supply, Storage and Administration of Medications (Blacktown Hospital)
- Board Chair award – It takes two – a partnership between WSLHD and Blacktown City Council (Integrated and Community Health)
- NewsLocal People’s Choice award – Joining the I and MI in IMI: Muscle Matters! (Mental Health Services)
- Patients as Partners – Physical Health Promotion Project (Mental Health Services)
- Delivering Integrated Care – Providing Antenatal Care in an Outreach Setting in Riverstone (Blacktown Hospital)
- Keeping People Healthy – Don’t fall for it: A Falls Prevention Initiative (Westmead Hospital)
- Supporting Our Teams – Emergency Care to the Sound of Music (WSLHD)
- Education and Training – Getting the Basics Right – Supplemental Oxygen (Westmead Hospital)
- Innovation and Health Research – Streamlining Bowel Cancer Screening (Westmead Hospital)
- A Safe and Healthy Workplace – Food for thought: Didn’t think we do healthy in the west (Integrated and Community Health)
- Patient Safety First – Saving Lives: Priorities in Action (Mental Health Services)
Click here for more detail about each winner.
You must be logged in to post a comment.