Heavy rainfall has well and truly set in over Western Sydney Local Health District hospitals, and gusty winds are forecast for today.
Some helpful advice from the NSW SES:
* Don’t drive, ride or walk through flood water.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Trees that have been damaged by fire are likely to be more unstable and more likely to fall.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid (131 388), Endeavour Energy (131 003), Essential Energy (132 080) or Evoenergy (131 093) as shown on your power bill.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Be aware that run-off from rainfall in fire affected areas may behave differently and be more rapid. It may also contain debris such as ash, soil, trees and rocks.
* Stay vigilant and monitor conditions.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your local SES Unit on 132 500.
Latest information available at bom.nsw.gov.au and ses.nsw.gov.au