Have you been part of a project that deserves recognition?
Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) staff are invited to enter their submissions now for the 2020 Quality Awards (QA).
All staff are encouraged to enter projects that delivered improvement one of eight key categories, such as integrated care or patient safety.
WSLHD Clinical Governance acting director Heather Doolan is pleased that staff are signing up for the submission writing workshops.
“It’s encouraging that 14 staff attended two workshops which were held at Westmead and Auburn hospitals,” Heather said.
“I hope all hospital departments will send at least one staff member to attend these workshops to help them prepare their QA submissions.”
The Quality Awards are WSLHD’s annual red carpet event, celebrating quality projects from throughout the year which have improved different areas of patient care.
Submission writing workshops provide tips and practical advice to help staff prepare and address essential requirements for QA submissions.
Details for these free workshops are below:
- 9 March 2020 – Monday 1pm – 2pm – Auburn Conference Room 2
- 24 March 2020 – Tuesday 2pm – 3pm – Level 3 Admin Building Training Room
- 2 April 2020 – Thursday 2pm – 3pm – Level 3 Admin Building Training Room
- 22 April 2020 – Wednesday 11am – 12pm – Level 3 Admin Building Training Room
- 4 March 2020 – Wednesday 1pm – 2pm – WECC Seminar Room 5
- 16 April 2020 – Thursday 11am – 12pm – WECC Seminar Room 5
- 18 March 2020 – Wednesday 10am -11am – LDS Computer Room 2
To register for a workshop and for further information about the 2020 Quality Awards, speak with your local quality manager, or contact Natalie Fester-Lloyd by email or 0429 395 789.
Entries must be submitted to local quality managers by 31 May.
Selected projects will be submitted for further recognition at a state and national level as part of the NSW Health Innovation Awards, the NSW Premier’s Awards and the Australian Council on HealthCare Standards Quality Awards.