COVID-19 inspires free infection and immunity masterclasses
Although Australia has begun to ease restrictions, there is still a lot of work left to be done to reduce the devastating impact of COVID-19 worldwide.
In order to truly understand the pandemic, and to better prepare for infectious disease outbreaks in the future, leading academics from the University of Sydney have collaborated to produce a series of masterclasses for health professionals.
Guided by the latest health research, the free, online seminars will explore a range of topics including virology, epidemiology, infection prevention, the disease in children, clinical treatment, vaccine development, safety and ethics.
The seminars are available on demand for users to watch at their own pace and will provide an opportunity for health professionals to gain time critical knowledge they can integrate into their everyday work.
The following distinguished speakers will present seminars in this series.
- Professor Joel Negin, Head of School, Sydney School of Public Health
- Dr Megan Steain, Lecturer, Infectious Diseases and Immunology, School of Medical Sciences
- Dr Umaimainthan Palendira, Senior Lecturer, Infectious Diseases and Immunology, School of Medical Sciences
- Associate Professor Gregory Fox, Respiratory Physician, Epidemiologist and Clinical Trialist
- Professor Kristine Macartney, Director, National Centre for Immunisation Research & Surveillance (NCIRS), Professor of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Professor Adam Dunn, Head of Discipline, Biomedical Informatics and Digital Health, School of Medical Sciences
- Professor Tania Sorrell AM, Director, Marie Bashir Institute for Infectious Diseases and Biosecurity
- Professor Jamie Triccas, Head of Discipline, Infectious Diseases and Immunology, School of Medical Sciences
- Professor Angus Dawson, Director, Sydney Health Ethics, Sydney School of Public Health
- Professor Maree Teesson, Director, the Matilda Centre, Sydney Medical School
- Professor Ian Hickie AM, Co-Director, Health and Policy, the Brain and Mind Centre
Register now to receive the masterclasses straight to your inbox when the series launches in late June.
You must be logged in to post a comment.