NSW Health is alerting the public to the following locations visited by confirmed cases of COVID-19.
As outlined today, three new cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in South West Sydney. All three cases are under investigation, with contact tracing underway.
People who attended:
- Fitness First Carlingford pilates class on Saturday 3 October from 8:15am to 9:15am, or
- Ripples restaurant in Milson’s Point on Saturday 3 October from 8pm to 10.30pm
are considered close contacts and must immediately get tested and isolate for 14 days since they were there, and stay isolated for the entire period, even if a negative test result is received. NSW Health is directly contacting those who attended.
NSW Health is assessing potential exposure to COVID-19 of people who attended several other venues. Anyone who attended the following venues is considered casual contacts. They should immediately isolate and get tested if they develop the slightest symptoms of COVID-19.
- Friday 2 October: Mazda repair centre, Artarmon – 7.30am to 9.30am
- Friday 2 October: Kmart, Narellan Town Centre, Narellan – 6pm to 7pm
- Saturday 3 October: Fitness First, Carlingford (all attendees other than those in the pilates class notified above): 8 to 9:15am
- Sunday 4 October: Penrith Homemaker Centre, Penrith – 11am to 1pm
- Sunday 4 October: Guzman y Gomez, Penrith – 1:30pm to 2pm
- Sunday 4 October: Home Co, Penrith – 2pm to 2:30pm
- Monday 5 October: Westfield Parramatta – 9:30am to 11am
- Monday 5 October: Castle Towers Shopping Centre, Castle Hill – 12pm to 1pm
Testing numbers have dropped recently, which is a concern. NSW Health renews its call for increased testing across Sydney, even if you have the mildest of symptoms like a runny nose or scratchy throat, cough, fever or other symptoms that could be COVID-19.
This is especially important for people across West and South West Sydney with these new cases and after the state’s sewage surveillance program detected fragments of the virus at the North Richmond and West Camden treatment plants.
COVID-19 testing clinics can be found here: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/how-to-protect-yourself-and-others/clinics, or call your GP.