NSW Health is investigating the source of infection for a recently confirmed case of COVID-19.
NSW Health is asking anyone who attended the following venues at the times listed below to get tested immediately and self-isolate until a negative result is received. If symptoms appear, please isolate and get tested again.
Auburn Village Tavern
Corner of Queen Street and Harrow Road, Auburn
- 6pm Monday 28 December – 4am Tuesday 29 December
- 6pm Thursday 7 January – 4am Friday 8 January
- 6pm Wednesday, 13 January – 4am Thursday, 14 January
159 Woodburn Road, Berala
- 6pm to close, Wednesday 30 December
43 Queen Street, Auburn
- 6pm to close, Tuesday 12 January
If you have been to the Auburn Central shopping centre or the Auburn shops along Queen Street and South Parade at any time since 1 January 2021, and have had symptoms, you should get tested and isolate until you receive a negative result.
Testing clinics around Auburn include:
- Auburn Community Health Centre Drive through, 8am – 8pm, seven days
- Auburn Boorea St, Drive through, 8am – 4pm, seven days
- Berala Walk-in (note this is moving to the Berala Community Centre, 98-104 Woodburn Rd, Berala, from 19 January) 8am – 8pm, seven days
- Sydney University, Cumberland Campus Drive through 8am – 5pm, seven days
- Merrylands Park Drive through 8am – 10pm, seven days
There are more than 350 COVID-19 testing locations across NSW, many of which are open seven days a week. To find your nearest clinic visit: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/how-to-protect-yourself-and-others/clinics or contact your GP.
NSW Health urges anyone in NSW with even the mildest symptoms, such as
headache, fatigue, cough, sore throat or runny nose, to come forward immediately for testing, then isolate until they receive a negative result.
A complete list of venues of concern, and the related health advice, is available on the NSW Government website: https://nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates