The staff at Blacktown and Mount Druitt hospitals are known for research and innovation, enhancing the patient or carer experiences, and going above and beyond their normal duties.
To recognise and reward staff for their contributions to the delivery of healthcare, the hospitals have launched a staff recognition program called Blacktown and Mount Druitt hospitals (BMDH) CARE (CORE values, Accomplishment, Research, Enhancement) program.
The program is part of the hospital’s cultural transformation project where staff are encouraged to nominate their colleagues and peers for service excellence.
Blacktown Hospital’s General Manager Ned Katrib congratulated the 18 staff who were nominated.
“We have so many talented, dedicated and committed staff at our hospitals and it’s extremely difficult to select just one person for the General Manager’s award,” Ned said.
“I congratulate Mount Druitt Hospital’s gardener Vince Barilla, who won the General Manager’s award.”
Vince was nominated by Mount Druitt Hospital’s palliative care nurse unit manager Trish Dalgleish because of his ongoing dedication to the hospital and well as his positive, welcoming attitude.
Vince was shocked and surprised to receive the award in front of his peers. He pledged to share the award with his colleagues but they’ve convinced him to use the vouchers for himself.
The BMDH CARE program nominee’s include:
- Emergency department Nurse Unit Manager Alexandra Frost
- Administration Assistant Amber Franks
- Social Workers Anda Milic
- Palliative and Supportive Care Enrolled Nurse Belinda Saddington
- Security Manager Ben Davies
- Theatres Registered Nurse Emily Edmonds
- COVID Unit Nurse Unit Manager Erica Wilds
- Surgical Registered Nurse Erica Ydia
- Food Services Assistant John Ghaly
- Emergency Registered Nurse Kayla Dobson
- General Manager’s Office Executive Support Officer Leanne Brennan
- Maintenance Manager Luke Chalkley
- Paediatrics Clinical Nurse Consultant Nicola McKay
- General Services Supervisor Sue Nichol
- Palliative and Supportive Care Registered Nurse Sunila Nand
- Palliative and Support Registered Nurse Susan Ide
- Executive Assistant Tori Coleman
- Maintenance Department Gardener Vince Barilla
The program is sponsored by the BMDH Better Foundation. For more information about the BMDH CARE program, contact BMDH Human Resources director Gaye Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.