New COVID-19 case locations in Byron Bay – 31 March
NSW Health has been advised of new venues in the Byron Bay region that have been visited by a confirmed case of COVID 19. Advice has also been updated for some previously announced venues.
Anyone who attended the following new venues must immediately get tested and self isolate until they receive further advice from NSW Health:
– Lennox Head – Surfit 24/7 Epiq Gym, 5 Snapper Drive, Lennox Head, 2478 – Sunday 28 March, 6am–11:00am.
– Suffolk Park – Park Hotel/Motel – pub restaurant, 223 Broken Heads Road – Sunday 28 March, 1pm–2pm.
Advice has been updated for the following venue. Anyone who attended at the time listed is a close contact who must immediately get tested and self-isolate for 14 days, regardless of the result:
– East Ballina – Pro Shop, Ballina Golf and Sports Club, Jameson Avenue – Sunday 28 March, 2:25-2:35pm.
Some of the following venues are new, while others have had information updated, so please read carefully as advice may have changed. Anyone who attended the following venues at the times listed below is a casual contact who must get tested immediately and self-isolate until a negative result is received. Please continue to monitor for symptoms and if they appear, isolate and get tested again.
– Ballina – Henry Rous Tavern, 117 River Street – Sunday 28 March, 1.20pm–2.25pm. Please note: If you have attended this venue and NSW Health has already advised that you are a close contact, you must continue to follow this advice. Sunday 28 March, 1.20pm–2.25pm.
– Suffolk Park – Suffolk Park Bakery, 2 Clifford Street – Saturday 27 March, 11:15am-11:40am.
– Byron Bay – All retail and takeaway shops on Lawson Street, Jonson Street, Browning Street and Fletcher Street – Saturday 27 March, 12pm-4pm. Retail and takeaway shops include:
• Black Sheep
• Boards in the Bay
• Byron Bay Central Pharmacy
• Ghanda Clothing
• Main Street Burger Bar
• Quiksilver Byron Bay
• Surf, Dive & Ski
• Tiger Lily Byron Bay
• Kivari Boutique Byron Bay
• Arnhem Clothing
• Spell Designs
• The Cellar
A complete list of venues of concern, and the related health advice, is available on the NSW Government website: https://nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates. Please check the website regularly, as information be added or updated.
NSW Health urges anyone in NSW with even the mildest symptoms, such as headache, fatigue, cough, sore throat or runny nose, to come forward immediately for testing, then isolate until they receive a negative result.
There are more than 350 COVID-19 testing locations across NSW, many of which are open seven days a week. To find your nearest clinic visit: https://www.nsw.gov.au/…/how-to-protect…/clinics or contact your GP.