A reminder that from today, Monday 23 August, new restrictions are in effect – including across western Sydney.
The Local Government Areas (LGAs) of concern include:
- Georges River
- Penrith for the following suburbs: Caddens, Claremont Meadows, Colyton, Erskine Park, Kemps Creek, Kingswood, Mount Vernon, North St Marys, Orchard Hills, Oxley Park, St Clair and St Marys.
The following additional rules apply for residents and businesses in LGAs of concern:
- Curfews from 9pm to 5am (except for authorised workers, emergencies or medical care) to help reduce the movement of young people;
- Outdoor exercise is limited to one hour per day;
- The following retail premises must close except for click and collect: garden centres and plant nurseries, office supplies, hardware and building supplies, landscaping material supplies, rural supplies, and pet supplies (tradespeople are allowed to shop in-store where relevant); and
- All exams and other education or professional development related activities will move online, not including the HSC.
The following new restrictions around workplaces and authorised workers from the LGAs of concern have been introduced:
- Childcare workers and disability support workers who live or work in the LGAs of concern must have their first vaccination dose by 30 August;
- Authorised workers who work outside their LGA of concern are only permitted to work if rapid antigen testing is implemented at their worksite, they have had a PCR test or they have had their first vaccination dose by 30 August;
- From Saturday 28 August, authorised workers from the LGAs of concern are required to carry a permit from Service NSW declaring that they are an authorised worker and cannot work from home; and
- From Saturday 28 August, anyone entering an LGA of concern for the purposes of work must carry a worker permit issued by Service NSW.
From today, workers from the Canterbury-Bankstown, Cumberland and Fairfield LGAs no longer need to have been tested for COVID-19 in the previous 72 hours to work outside their LGA.
The following additional rule applies across Greater Sydney (including regional NSW) until 28 August:
- Mask wearing will be mandatory when outside your home, except when exercising.