Thanks to the high vaccination rates across western Sydney and NSW, visitors to patients in NSW Health hospitals will be permitted in line with relevant guidance as outlined below.
Decisions on easing restrictions around hospital patient visitors have been made in line with the NSW Government roadmap.
A patient in a NSW Health hospital will be allowed two visitors per day as long as a visitor:
- is at least 12 years of age;
- has had two doses of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine (such as Pfizer, AstraZeneca or Moderna);
- has evidence of their vaccination status when they enter the facility; and
- wears a surgical mask correctly on entry at the facility and for the duration of the visit.
Visitors to Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) hospitals and facilities can visit between 10am-12pm and 5pm-7pm daily.
Children under 12 are only permitted to visit our maternity wards to meet their new siblings and are included in the two person limit.
Expectant mothers can have two fully vaccinated support people in birthing and two fully vaccinated visitors in post-natal units.
Due to the risk of COVID transmission, people in our emergency departments will continue to be allowed one support person – this policy remains unchanged.
Exemptions still exist for unvaccinated and partially vaccinated visitors however the criteria remains restricted to ensure the safety of our staff and patients – applications can be made here.
People unable to visit hospitals
People must not visit NSW Health hospitals under any circumstances if they:
- have been to case locations in NSW, interstate affected areas or New Zealand in the last 14 days;
- have COVID-19 symptoms;
- are a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 and are within their isolation period;
- live in a household with a person who is currently isolating; or
- are waiting for a COVID-19 test result.
Stopping the spread of COVID
“Our hospitals accommodate the most vulnerable in our community and are staffed by arguably the most vital workers needed in a pandemic, which is why caution continues to be taken,” Mr Loy said.
“Thankfully, due to high vaccination rates across western Sydney and NSW, we can now allow two fully vaccinated visitors per patient per day.
“I thank the western Sydney community for understanding our visitor policy and I look forward to family and friends safely visiting their loved ones again.”
All people aged 12 and up can get their COVID-19 vaccination now – including Pfizer and Moderna vaccines for over 60s.
Appointments are available at Qudos Bank Arena mass vaccination centre and more than 3000 locations across NSW including pharmacies, GPs and NSW Health clinics. Find the next available appointment at a location near you.
If you have COVID symptoms, please get tested and isolate until you have a negative result – even if you’re fully vaccinated. To find your nearest clinic visit here.