Patients and visitors are invited to join health staff in paying tribute to those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.
Anzac Day falls on Monday, April 25, as the nation pauses to remember Australians and New Zealanders who have served and died in all wars, conflicts and peacekeeping operations.
Commemorations will return to normal across NSW for the first time in three years with full-scale dawn services and marches free of COVID restrictions.
Memorial services will be held across Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) hospitals before and after the Anzac Day public holiday.
WSLHD acting chief executive Alison Derrett encouraged the public to join healthcare staff in paying their respects.
Anzac Day is one of the most important days on our calendar as we stop to remember those who gave their all for the freedoms we enjoy, including the brave doctors and nurses who put themselves in harm’s way to care for the sick and wounded.Alison Derrett
“It’s important as a District that we pay our respects to those who have served our country and welcome patients and visitors to join us for this special and solemn occasion.
“While the services will be outdoors, I would strongly encourage all those in attendance to wear masks for the safety of vulnerable patients and staff.”
Services across WSLHD and western Sydney
WSLHD will be hosting the following Anzac Day Memorial Services:
- Westmead Hospital: Friday April 22, 10am at the Forecourt (street level outside new building)
- Auburn Hospital: Friday April 22, 12pm at the Anzac memorial (near the main entrance)
- Blacktown Hospital: Tuesday April 26, 10.30am at the Anzac memorial garden (next to the pedestrian crossing at the main entrance)
- Mount Druitt Hospital: Tuesday April 26, 2:30pm at the Anzac memorial (near the main entrance)
The following western Sydney venues will be holding dawn services on Anzac Day, Monday April 25:
- Club Parramatta, 4:30am
- Club Blacktown, 5:00am march and 5:15am service
- Forest Park, The Epping Club, 5:45am
- St Mary’s RSL, 5:00am
- Smithfield RSL, 4:30am march and 5:00am service
- Seven Hills RSL, 5:00am march and 5:30am service
- Merrylands RSL, 5:00am
- Castle Hill RSL, 6:00am
- Granville Memorial Park, Granville Diggers, 6:00am