The winners of the Auburn Quality Awards (AQuA) in Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) have been decided!
Congratulations to the winners of the main AQuA Awards:
- Winner: Red, Orange and Green Zones of Falls
- Winner: Staff Skills Stations
- Winner: The PUMP Project
- People’s Choice Award: Red, Orange and Green Zones of Falls
Auburn Hospital also celebrated a number of individual staff members through the individual awards, including:
- Nurse/Midwife of the Year: Clyde Sy
- Doctor of the Year: Dr Benjamin Oosthuizen
- Allied Health Professional of the Year: Jodi Gibson
- Corporate Services Professional of the Year: Helen Sala
- General Managers Award for Safety and Quality: Dr Kerf Tan
This year, the hospital also recognised another project for the Honour Board for Sustainable Achievement in Safety and Quality – Baby Steps.
Baby Steps was introduced in 2020/21 and has shown sustained improvements in antenatal and maternity services, improving access to care as well as patient and staff experience throughout this patient journey.
This year’s awards also saw the first individual staff member recognised for sustainable achievement in safety and quality.
Tanja Nietlisbach was awarded for her ongoing commitment to improving patient care and experience, through many projects such as Baby Steps, Hand in Hand, Just Ask It!, Have you had your BRAN, Sharing Dignity and Codesigning Sustainable Partnerships with Consumers.
Tanja’s innovative approach was commended at the AQuAs and her name will be listed on the honour board in the Auburn Hospital foyer.
Auburn Hospital’s Acting General Manager, Amanda Green, said “I hope you will join me in congratulating all our winners, as well as all of the projects submitted. As always, Auburn’s commitment to safety and quality is commended and I encourage you to continue working towards improving the care we provide”.