A number of staff were found in the staff cafeteria at Mount Druitt Hospital this morning, pulling up extra chairs for all the fabulous volunteers who showed up to receive much deserved recognition for their incredible work.
Mount Druitt Hospital’s volunteers were celebrated in a years of service ceremony, with staff members popping in to give their thanks to these generous members of the hospital community. This was one of a number of events celebrating National Volunteer Week, with the theme of “The Change Makers”.
You, as volunteers, have certainly demonstrated that volunteering is a selfless act of kindness that has the power to make a real difference in people’s lives. You’ve shown what it means to be change makers by your dedication and commitment to serving others.Colin Dent, Volunteers Manager BMDH
While all volunteers were recognised their dedication and contribution to the hospital, a number of volunteers were presented with a certificate as a token for their five year and decade milestones of service.
- Mount Druitt Hospital KIOSK volunteer Erica Creasey 5 years of service
- Mount Druitt Hospital Administration volunteer Luz Gutierrez 5 years of service
- Mount Druitt Hospital Administration volunteer Elizabeth Henderson 10 years of service
- Mount Druitt Hospital Auxiliary/Fundraising volunteer Mila Holzman 10 years of service
- Mount Druitt Hospital Administration volunteer Coral Bambrick 10 years of service
- Mount Druitt Hospital Spirtual Care volunteer Antao Loy 20 years of service
- Mount Druitt Hospital Wayfinder volunteer Beryl Gardiner 30 years of service
- Mount Druitt Hospital Auxiliary/Fundraising volunteer Karen Lancaster 40 years of service