From zipping down the corridors in the buggy to pick up people who need assistance moving around the hospital, to fundraising and sewing items for patients; Westmead Hospital’s volunteers are an integral part of the functioning and operation of the hospital.
The volunteer team recently gathered to acknowledge their achievements and to mark the end of another great year.
In 2023, the team has:
- Packed over 7,000 kits for new and existing patients,
- Created 19,000 patient files for Endoscopy, Dental and Women’s Health,
- Sewn 2,100 items for Allied Health,
- Transported over 39,000 passengers within Westmead Hospital in 24 500 buggy trips,
- Assisted just over 58,000 people to navigate their way to appointments and to visit loved ones, and
- Raised $50,000 for the purchase of essential hospital equipment.
This year, volunteers also contributed 18,044 hours to serving the patients, staff and visitors at Westmead Hospital.
If you would like to join this fantastic team, visit https://www.wslhd.health.nsw.gov.au/Westmead-Hospital/Support-Us-/Volunteer for more information.
See the gallery below for photos from the team’s end of year celebration.